• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Bronze tank vents.

Glyn Judson

All, I just got a lovely pair of vintage WIlcox Crittenden bronze tank vents, the beefy ones that pass through the hull with a large nut on the back to hold them secure and I'm soliciting suggestions as to what to use in them to prevent bugs and such form entering the tank through them. They were originally fitted with bronze screen but they're gone. If this were a perfect world, I'd find some old bronze bug screen from an opening port light or similar (anyone have 4 square inches they can spare?) but I don't have anything like that. Ideas as to alternatives anyone? Thanks in advance, Glyn Judson, E31 hull #55, Marina del Rey, CA

SurabyaKid

Member III
Glyn,

I don't know how big these vents are, but I wonder if the wire mesh found in faucets (used for aeration) would work? They are generally about an inch in diameter and can be found at hardware stores.

Pat

Glyn Judson

Vent screens.

Pat, Now that's what I'm talking about!! The vent openings are relatively small openings such that you could easily cover them with your thumb. I think the screens you're talking about are stainless and as far as I'm concerned, stainless, bronze, who cares. I'll go out today and look around for some faucet screens. Thanks, Glyn

bayhoss

Member III
Glyn, if you cant find them give me a shout. I have a friend that owns a machine shop and he can get all kinds of filtering screens.

Best,
Frank

Glyn Judson

Bronze screen source.

Thanks all for the valuable responses, I had no idea that the Ship's Store had it but now it seems logical, they have everything obscure. Glyn

Glyn Judson

Bronze screen.

All, Forgot to mention that there's a small piece of bronze screen already in the mail headed my way from Greg, another E31 (hull #63) owner. Thanks publicly Greg. Glyn E31 hull #55.