• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E26 Fin Keel height?

RKCRWLR

Member II
Depends...

on the State. For most states, Oversize signs and flags are enough. Others, I had to run flashing ambers on the rear (LEDs from Lowes, battery operated, worked great) and revolving amber on the tow vehicle. Plenty on info on the requirements on the truck permit sites. Since I , and you, would be under 10' width, the requirements are less stringent, particularly in regards to travel times. In Utah, where the photo was taken, there are only permit in hand requirements if under 10'. I had an annual permit here so I could move the boat around at will, but found it too much trouble and now sit tight on the Great Salt Lake. Mast stepping is a challenge without a crane - ;). It does look big, and that truck was lifted with 35 inch tires. Still looks small! IF you go the permit route, you can grab the flags and banners at most truck stops. Tough call. You could likely skate through without permits, but there is a risk.

Last edited: