• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ericson 28 (and 27) Emergency Tiller

YoreCrew

We have a complete boat with the YS Wheel Option, with the exception of the Emergerncy Tiller. Anyone know where one can be purchased? Or does anyone have the specifications such that I could have one made?

Thanks!

aquavit

Member II
What year is your 28? I have a '90 with Edson wheel. I have the emergency tiller under one of the settees. I could give you all of the measurements if it is compatible, Or for that matter, since I own a machine shop, i could make you one if the shipping costs weren't too much.

Glenn.
Aquavit.

aaron

ericson 28 emergency tiller

Ok, I am in the same boat (no pun intended) these many years later...have an ericson 27, with a wheel and no emergency tiller..did you ever get an emergency tiller?
I noticed a standard tiller strap won't work because, at least on mine the hole where the bolt goes in is only about a 1/4" from the base, so the tiller strap would have to have a hole near the bottom.

Is this your experience as well?

Any help any of you fellow ericson owners out there may be able to provide would be appreciated, I just had my forestay snap and worry about the cables for the wheel doing the same!