Ericson 28 (and 27) Emergency Tiller

YoreCrew

We have a complete boat with the YS Wheel Option, with the exception of the Emergerncy Tiller. Anyone know where one can be purchased? Or does anyone have the specifications such that I could have one made?

Thanks!

aquavit

Member II
What year is your 28? I have a '90 with Edson wheel. I have the emergency tiller under one of the settees. I could give you all of the measurements if it is compatible, Or for that matter, since I own a machine shop, i could make you one if the shipping costs weren't too much.

Glenn.
Aquavit.

aaron

ericson 28 emergency tiller

Ok, I am in the same boat (no pun intended) these many years later...have an ericson 27, with a wheel and no emergency tiller..did you ever get an emergency tiller?
I noticed a standard tiller strap won't work because, at least on mine the hole where the bolt goes in is only about a 1/4" from the base, so the tiller strap would have to have a hole near the bottom.

Is this your experience as well?

Any help any of you fellow ericson owners out there may be able to provide would be appreciated, I just had my forestay snap and worry about the cables for the wheel doing the same!