• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

The Golden Gate video

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Very nice Greg, Are you single handing, or do you have a official cameraman? Looks like you have some following swells.

I remember seeing that series of photos of a Santana 22' sailing under the Golden Gate on the inside of the south caisson and getting caught in the surf and flipping over.

Watch the slide show here: http://photos.sfsurvey.com/sailH/imagepages/image2.asp

Matey

Member III
Glad you enjoyed .. I have an official cameraman in my Son. He works for a Rigger on the bay and we sail together often. The area does come with some challenges to be sure

Cheers, Greg

CaptDan

Member III
Given the spring like weather in recent weeks, that footage was likely done prior?

Gorgeous stuff; nothing like seeing a nicely trimmed Ericson, bright coamings galore, sailing well beneath the Gate - medium size rollers astern.
Doesn't get much better than that.:egrin:

PS: hopefully we'll still meet one day at BYC.

Capt Dan G>E35II "Kunu"

u079721

Contributing Partner
I've not sailed under the Golden Gate, but I have sailed under the Mackinaw Bridge many times - and it always freaks me out.

Even though I KNOW the clearance is something like 150' it still always appears as if my 60 foot stick is going to hit!

Matey

Member III
Ericson Row

Capt Dan,

I was on the list to move over to "B" dock at Brickyard and an opening came up :egrin: I noticed three or four 35's coming down the runway. I believe yours is one of ..
stop over and say hey if you're so inclined. I'm in B5

Regards, Greg