• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

New Sails for E-38

Ericsean

Member III
I'm shopping around for a new main, and possibly a 110 for my E-38. A couple of guys are offering multisail discounts.

Sounds crazy, but I'm wondering if anyone else is shopping now and may want to combine on an order to get deeper discount.

Contacted quite a few lofts, and narrowed down to Sobstad in Cleaveland, if I go Dacron, and EPSails in Long Beach CA. if I go tri-radial. The tridadial would be Diax-2 Panel sails, with continuous load bearing fibers, that would be put together by Bainbridge based on sailmaker design, and finsihed by sailmaker.

Anyone interested? Pretty sure they would only discount for same boat (E-38)

e38sailorman

Member II
Maybe.........been thinking about some new sails. I have a 1989 E38-200, located in Gig Harbor Washington (south of Seattle), so, obviously, sails would need to be shipped to different locations. Maybe get back to me on my email and let me know what kind of $$ we are talking? I haven't even started looking, just say your post and thought....well maybe.

Marc
E38 WaveWalker

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
You guys be sure to completely measure everything to do with your own boat.
Tack and clew cutouts, headboard, everything...

Do not be surprised if your sails are not identical.
And then, the cut will depend on local winds and waters as well.

Loren

Ericsean

Member III
New Main

Marc

Just wondering how you like the new main you bought from Harry Pattison? The main I bought from Mark Ploch, Doyle Florida is great! It's a Kevlar cross cut body with Carbon Load Path Tapes.

No more rounding up in a heavy breeze when close hauled!

e38sailorman

Member II
The Dacron main I bought from EP sails is great, so good I broke down and bought a Arimid (spelling?) 135% that I use as my #1 and a new spinnaker both very nice.

Ericsean

Member III
Sails

Wow,

I guess Harry can't be upset with me for backing out, since I helped put you in touch with him. What kind of chute did you buy, an Asym or symetrical. I'm Curious what the dimensions are if its an asym.

Glad it worked out for you!

Kevin