• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Universal 5432 - Parts and fuel lift pump with primer handle

gregdettmer

Member I
Just spent some time at my local Kubota parts dealer. Learned the Universal 5432 is based on the Kubota V5101 also used in the Kubota L345 Tractor. Most engine components are available direct from Kubota parts dealer, at a much reduced cost than many marine supply alternatives. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:oops:ffice:oops:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Also learned there was an alternative fuel lift pump that includes a manual primer handle on the side of the pump. Kubota Part Number 19844-52030 appox $80.<o:p></o:p>

fuel lift pump.jpg

Regards
Greg

rwthomas1

Sustaining Partner
I think you mean a "V1501". Throw that silly mechanical pump away or possibly you will suffer the same fate that my original 5432 did. Failed pump diaphragm pumped the crankcase full of diesel while running. Wiped out cylinder bores, cam lifters, etc. No warning and no real clues it was happening until it was too late. Make a block off plate where that pump mounts and get yourself a Facet electric. Its not a coincidence that later 5432/M40 engines have electric pumps from the factory?

RT

stbdtack

Member III
Hey Rob, Thanks for bringing that up. Ive been meaning to do just that with my mechanical pump but still haven't gotten around to it.
You wouldn't happen to have a template for that plate would you? Its def on my spring maintenance list....

rwthomas1

Sustaining Partner
Ben,
I made the block off plate from a scrap of 1/4" plate aluminum. I just used the fuel pump gasket as a template. Hacksaw, centerpunch, decent file, some drill bits and 20 minutes of your time is about all it takes. RT

stbdtack

Member III
Great! I have some scraps laying around to do just that. Thx Rob.... you're like the Martha Stewart of sailboat diesels....