• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Need an E26 Anchor Locker Hatch Cover

Don Calcote

I've just bought a 1988 E-26 and need a replacement anchor-locker hatch cover. Any ideas where I might find one? Don Calcote (donc3317@gmail.com):esad:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
One suggestion

Since Ericson Yachts went away, along with the tooling for your model, in about 1990...
one suggestion would be to have another owner make you a quick mold.
He'd need to take his lid home and cover it tight with Saran Wrap, and lay up cloth and resin to make the mold. Use enough layers to prevent flex.
You could then take that mold and wax it, lay up cloth, coring, and cloth... and have your lid. You'd still have to paint it to match the deck.

As for that distant friend that fabs the mold, send him a check and/or a very nice bottle of single-malt. :cool:

Plan B might be to lay up your own, with temporary curved "ribs" over the anchor locker. Use thin veneer sheets and epoxy to get the slightly curved surface to match the fore deck. Maybe.

Cheers,
Loren

Last edited:

Lucky Dog

Member III
Don,
Do you have a hatch cover that is damaged? Perhaps it could repaired? or used a pattern? I have used our cockpit hatch to make a mold for another hatch for the starboard side. It cost a more fore the mold than the new hatch cover but it looks factory made.

ml