• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Layla II has been treated to new Hull Paint/ Color

Martin King

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
She's looking good, Greg. I had the same clearance issues after rebuilding the sliding hatch. The sea hood
was jacked up on teak battens, and clearanced here and there with a grinder. One day I will build one
in wood to match the hatch.

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Beautiful Greg. I think I'll set that photo as my desktop background for a while :)

Greg Ross

Not the newest member
Points like a devil

The above image includes new-to-me (bronze) Jib tracks mounted cabin top at roughly 8 to 10 degrees off centreline. These were added to service a hank-on jib we've been using the past few years, call it a 90% highcut. The boat came to me with a virtually new 130 set up for the old Schaffer furler, a dreadful appratus, along with a similarly geared staysail. I've just parked it all in sail bags until I decide to spring for a modern foil furlers and have the cable stripped out the sails re-tailored to suit.
Anyway, this afternoons' outing in light airs was most interesting. With the new full batten main with real shape and the jib trimmed she pointed up to the apparent wind like I've never seen before.
That image also showed a good deal of anti-fouling exposed by the bow, that was courtesy of removal of roughly 450 lbs of fixed ballast we removed from below the forward water tank. I've now placed six lead ingots (guessing 180 lbs) in the bottom of the rope locker and that's brought the bow down about half way. Perhaps that trim is contributing to her improved pointing capability. Trimmed thus the mast is raked back a degree or so?
Any hoooo, it was wonderful to get her out for a few hours.

Last edited: