• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ericson Cruising 31 on Seattle craigs list

Earwax

New Viking
Independence

TFP. I think the craig's list poster got the model wrong. Looks like an Independence vice Cuising 31. It has some nice additions also...some things to add to my to-do-li$t.

Devon

Member I
Another E31 in Seattle CL

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/2143534686.html

This was one of three laid up by Squadron Yachts, it was actually finished. The seller claims "was constructed to be the trade show model for Cape-Bay/Squadron Yachts", I believe it.

Wow, for only about 70 boats, these keep showing up around the world.

I guess they just catch my eye, and I notice them.

I can't figure out the picture post, I'll work on that.

Devon

Last edited:

Devon

Member I
Liberty 31

Photos.

I think I figured out the attachments.

Attachments

• 3k63pd3o65Y05Z05T2b14877ed32f3ec21acb.jpg
    3k63pd3o65Y05Z05T2b14877ed32f3ec21acb.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 2,172
  • 3n03mf3l35O05Z15W1b14019283035a4d1e54.jpg
    3n03mf3l35O05Z15W1b14019283035a4d1e54.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 2,879

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Does it say where it is now? There is one at the broker's dock between H and I docks at Shilshole Marina in Seattle. The decks, rigging and brightwork look great from the dock (as is so often the case). Nice looking boat!

Greg Ross

Not the newest member
And yet another of our small Fleet

Located in the Phillipines, already completed a circumnavigation of the Pacific, and the one image is delightful. Sixth Listing down the page (as of today)
http://www.pgyc.org/sail-boats-for-sale.php

My I-31 has had to be renamed, finally completed the transfer from US CG "documented vessel" to Canadian Registration process. Ended up with a name duplication with another Registered Vessel some 4000 miles away located on the West Coast (BC) Highly unlikely we'd both be audible on the VHF at the same time, but..... So, we went from "LAYLAH" to "LAYLA II". I'll definitely perform "John Vigors' de-naming/ re-naming Ceremony, rum and all!
When next she's launched she'll have a new persona, as of Monday this week the third and final coat of her new color was applied, Interlux Poly "Fighting Lady Yellow", white boot-top and green antifouling atop a barrier coted bottom.
Mrs. was dubious about the yellow but once she'd seen her after the second coat "we" were sold.

Attachments

• Feisty Lady 31.JPG
    Feisty Lady 31.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 1,551
Last edited:

Flyertim

Sailing in Alaska
Cape Bay 31

What do you think the price of a Cape Bay 31 should be over an Ericson 31? I don't see the value for the one listed in Seattle. Looks like 30% premium over an Independence. Is the Cape Bay really build that much better than an Ericson 31 Independence?

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
What do you think the price of a Cape Bay 31 should be over an Ericson 31? I don't see the value for the one listed in Seattle. Looks like 30% premium over an Independence. Is the Cape Bay really build that much better than an Ericson 31 Independence?

When you are looking at a 30 year old boat, the design and construction give it a "base value" but then the overall condition and equipment will add (or subtract) a lot from that base point. At that age, two sister ships can be 100% apart in selling price and both can be priced appropriately.
I have seen this in other well-maintained classics.

So, everything depends on the boat itself. No matter what price the seller wants or the prospective buyer wants to offer, the boat itself will have the final say!
:cool:

Stated another way, any particular Ericson I-31 or E-31C or Cape Bay 31 could be worth that much... or less...

If you were to research back on this site for selling info for Sean's former E-35-3 or Tim's Ericson, you would see that each sold quickly for absolute top dollar, and was a great deal at the price.

Regards,
Loren

Last edited: