• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

e35II cradle supports position

Lucky Dog

Member III
I was breaking ice scrapers this weekend on the frozen snow that cover our boat before I was able to assemble the winter cover. As I was getting warm again sitting in my truck, I noticed the hull deflected from the support on the forward port side.

Is there a specific location for the a pads?

FWIW. You heard it here first. As I was in the local gas station bathroom, enjoying the hot air from the hand dryer. The gentleman standing next to me who was also working outside in freezing weather; decide that they need to have one for you frozen toes too.

Emerald

decide that they need to have one for you frozen toes too.

Or take up yoga :egrin:

the pads should be placed opposing nice structural stuff like bulkheads so the weight of the hull is transferred to something solid instead of flexing the glass. You should be able to get the yard to reposition the stands given what you describe.

tenders

Innocent Bystander
If the hull is deflected by a pad, chances are there's too much tension in the pad.

True, it's ideal if the pads happen to line up with an interior bulkhead, but matching all that up is asking a lot from the cradle and the lift operator. The boat should be primarily resting on the keel. The pads are just there to keep the boat level and shouldn't be taking a lot of weight.

Lucky Dog

Member III
When we bought the boat and had to move it from Michigan to Minnesota, the cradle didn't come with it. A day before the it showed up the yard owner called me at work and asked what I was planning to store the boat on. Not time to build a cradle. The yard had sold a new 42 footer and the transport left the cradle behind. It was a moment of reluctant convenience we bought the cradle. They don't have travel lift or crane. Everything is on a cradle or a trailer.

I think I need to modify the flat keel rest. The yard just put a couple of 2 by 4s under the forward edge.