• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Wysailer

Member II
Thanks for the input everyone.
I have plenty to keep me busy like removing the deck hardware and wood to refinish. So further replies will keep me energized to get back to this one.

Scott
Not sailed her yet but anticipating the spring! It's about 10 degrees out there now!

davisr

Member III
John,

When you get chance, I'd like to see the pictures of the Bristol 22 that you mention. I've never heard of tabbing on a hull-liner slot. Would be interested to see how that worked for you.

Regards,
Roscoe

P.S. Scott, glad to say that I cannot feel your pain. I'm not sure if it's ever been 10 degrees here. Was a cool 70 today. We pay our dues, though, in an oppressive and miserable way the summer.

jengels

Member II
Slot in liner

Roscoe
The bulkhead on the Bristol is not tabbed in the slot on the cabin ceiling, only on the side of the bulkhead and the bottom. I'll post those pics soon, maybe Scott can use some of this info. Fortunatly for me I was able to remove all of the woodwork, seats and all to get to the bulkhead. It looks like the seats in the E25 as well as the 30+ are all part of the inner liner.

John

Wysailer

Member II
Here at last is a picture of the plate that was attached on the bulkhead that I removed in the previous post. I have been removing all the wood inside for refinishing and deck hardware to rebed with just a few more pieces to go.

So now I need to know if the conventional wisdom from the group would suggest that this arrangement of the plate would provide enough margin of safety for sailing next season or do I need to replace the bulkhead? The wood where the plate is attached is sound. But eventually my goal would be to replace it with one that would probably be pieced together in at least two plys, boned with epoxy with a veneer over the top. Any more suggestions from the group?

Thanks for the advice.

Scott
E25cb

Attachments

• strbrd with plate.pdf
    47.5 KB · Views: 88

Wysailer

Member II
Yes, there is a matching plate on the other side is the same as the one in the picture. They are held by stainless bolts, split washers and nuts. I believe the bolts are 3/8" diameter but I haven't measured them.

Scott

Wysailer

Member II
New Bulkheads are In!

I thought I would give an update to my bulkhead replacement project.
The new ones were installed yesterday! Still need to attach the chain plates.
The port one was the easy one - in one part. The other is two parts with an overlap seem running horizontally.
The pic on the left is the head side of the strbrd one. Not sure how to rotate the pictures though!

Thanks to everyone for their input.

Scott
E25 cb

stdbrd bulkhead head side.jpgstrbrd bulkhead new.jpgport bulkhead new.jpg

jrclark32

Member I
Sorry for bumping such an old thread, but I'm working on the same project on my E25. You say you used a horizontal joint for the starboard bulkhead, but in the pictures it appears to be vertical. Can you please clarify that? Also, how did you rejoin the pieces once they were installed?

Thanks for the help!

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
By the way, finding and bumping a relevant thread is absolutely the best way to use the forum. Now to the updates....

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I dragged the three pictures off to my desktop because they displayed sideways for me.
Oddly enough, only one opened "on its side" when I tried them on my computer. I rotated that one and re-saved them all in their vertical format.
Let's see how they attach this time.
Loren

Attachments

• stdbrd bulkhead head side.jpg
    stdbrd bulkhead head side.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 43
  • port bulkhead new.jpg
    port bulkhead new.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 37
  • strbrd bulkhead new.jpg
    strbrd bulkhead new.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 39

jrclark32

Member I
Thanks Loren, that is helpful. It does look like he ran the seam vertically. What type of seam is this? It appears as if it is barely visible.

Wysailer

Member II
25 Bulkhead Replacement

Loren thanks for rotating the pictures.
I did cut out the old bulkhead by way of a horizontal cut.
When replacing I used two parts with a vertical overlap seam. Epoxied the joint and then used some small brass screws to keep it in place.

I have sailed the boat, although in light winds and minimal waves, it hasn't had any issues to date.

Scott B
WYSailer E25cb