• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

1983 E35-3 Hatches

Jlroberts280

Member I
Can anyone confirm for me that the raised flange that the hatch mounting trim ring screws into does not have a wooden core material. I am assuming this area was built without the core material. I am planning to rebed my forward hatch and need to know if I have to epoxy plug the screw holes first. This would add a day to the process.

Thanks

exoduse35

Sustaining Member
I cannot answer your question directly, however it is good practice to always plug the holes with epoxy. there is the potential for a leak, and even if you reuse the old hole, (assuming the same size fastener) the exercise of screwing the fastener in and out will tend to remove/expand the material and make a loose connection that will leak or pull out easier than a virgin hole. It is winter so you should not loose any sailing time if you take an extra day to do the deluxe job. Then you will never need to think about the repair again... it is better than wondering if you got the right info from "some guy on the web" Enjoy, Edd