• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Salt water faucet in the gallay sink on a 27

Desiderata

Member II
Has anyone with an E-27 installed a salt water faucet in the galley? I was going to connect the throughhull used as a drain for the head sink (since we rarely use it) as a saltwater source. Already ran the head sink drain to the bilge. I ran the hose from the throughhull to the sink in the galley. Pulled the sink out partway so we could see, but the ice box is too close. The current faucet I purchased requires a 1 7/8s hole and the base is too big. Not looking to break the bank. (West Marine has one for $179.) My husband thinks a bucket and a rope would have worked just fine.

Tom Metzger

Sustaining Partner
On the 80s vintage boats Ericson used a Whale telescoping spout: West #135145 and a Whale Gusher galley foot pump: West #135137.

I'm sure there are cheaper places than WM to buy these parts.

Attachments

• Xanthus interior 009B.jpg
    Xanthus interior 009B.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 87
  • floor 9A.jpg
    floor 9A.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 70

Desiderata

Member II
Yes, Tom the foot pump may be the way I have to go. I will have to move the freash water foot pump over, leaving a hole to cover up. Sven the ice box already drains in to the bilge so I spind more time cleaning the bilge then I like. My husbands 6 feet 4 so the head is kind of small so we brush our teeth in the kitchen sink anyway. Thanks for al your thoughts!:egrin:

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
If you have a thru-hull for the head raw water supply you can tee into that for the head sink drain. You will need a good stopper for your sink drain so you can still draw water for the head. I used a good bar sink drain assembly with a tight fitting brass stopper.

This also enables you to fill the sink with fresh water and use that to flush.

The small white hose coming out of the vanity cabinet is the sink drain in this photo.

Attachments

• head counter1.JPG
    head counter1.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 505

exoduse35

Sustaining Member
Paul, I've seen quite a few of them on ebay boats/ parts/ cabin or plumbing (check in both pages) Good luck, Edd

Glyn Judson

Scoring a galley faucet affordably.

Dear friend, Given that you live in Florida, I'll bet there are at least a couple of marine consignment chandlers near you. Look there first for one of these find quality Fynspray pumps. I have three of them, two bought for $15.00 at my local consignment chandler, Minny's and the third for $5.00 on eBay. Now these are all used pumps, so simple to rebuild that it might take you all of 10 minutes to do one. Imtra are the US distributers and can help you with any parts, they willingly did for me in all three cases. Here's a link to them: http://www.imtra.com/product/pumps_tanks/fynspray/service_kits/service_kits.htm Check out the laughable prices for the WS62 series pumps. I just went to the consignment bible, Good Old Boat http://www.goodoldboat.com/resources_for_sailors/consignment_stores.phpand found 10 located just in Florida and that doesn't even include all the rest on the list. Go for a used one and breathe new life into it affordably. Glyn Judson, E31 hull #55, Marina del Rey, CA

stuartm80127

Member II
Raw water in Sink

I installed a 3/4 inch thruhul for engine raw input. Feeds thru Groco strainer and splits to engine and then thru 1/2 line thru ball valve to a 30 Micron Amtek poly-based filter. From filter splits again to a Whale Foot pump below the sink and then to a cheesy faucet that has no flow control. I can move the faucet from side to side and that's about it. I use the raw water for washing dishes and then just do a good rinse with precious fresh water. I don't like suprises in my raw water while washing dishes so that's the reason behind the filter.

Filkee

Sustaining Member
Foot Pump Fawcets

My pumps are fine but the faucets are a little green and pimply. Please tell me there is an alternative to the $45-60 each Finspray replacements? I couldn’t find any other brand in my brief google hunt. I think they’ll look even sadder when I replace the main faucet set.

Filkee

Sustaining Member
Salty Bay

I suppose in anticipation of sea level rise, I should pony up for the brass.

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Removing head sink faucet--now there's a nightmare. I stayed with the "antique" look after scrubbing off the pimples with a scotch pad.