• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E34, Does it have a shower?

derrickrn

I have been looking at pics of the newer E 34's from the late 80's as a potential liveaboard. I have always liked the 35's and the 34 has almost the same specs just with different interior. Can someone tell me if it has a shower as well?

Thanks!

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
The late model E-34 has a shower incorporated into the aft head.

If you want a separate shower stall, look at the E-35-3 or either model of the 38.

The aft head compartment in our O-34 also has provision for a shower, with a hinged down teak seat over the toilet. You'd still have be really careful about getting water all over the head and into the aft hanging locker.
We do not use the head for showering....
:rolleyes:
LB

Last edited:

exoduse35

Sustaining Member
or when sailing and the kids started to ripen I would send them over the side with a bar of soap!local_resize.jpg And yes all ERICSONS first saw water here!

EGregerson

Member III
E34 shower

I have an '87 E34; i has a 'rudimentary' shower. There is a fitting on top of the sink fixture; a flexible metal hose with shower attachment at the end. The po had a curtain hanging from a rail over the doorway to keep water off the wood door; I suppose he had a way of keeping it off the tp as well. The floor has a sump and drain to another sump with a float switch; hose to bilge pump mounted on engine compartment wall. Controls are mounted on the wall of the head; auto/manual switch and fuse. It uses water from the pressure pump and water heater. I have not used it as a shower; i removed the water heater and use the space for batteries. So I haven't actually used it as a shower; but it appears to have everything it needs. And, needless to say, it's an Ericson so it floats in water...anywhere.

u079721

Contributing Partner
We were looking at 34s originally, but ended up going with a 38, in part due to the separate shower. We spent a month at a time anchored out, and when the weather was cool (most of the time in the North Channel) we would use the shower stall every day. Sounds like a silly thing to base a purchase decision upon, but it did make a difference, especially for my wife, in ease of living aboard.

Cory B

Sustaining Member
The E34 and E35-3 are 99% the same hull. The biggest difference between the two is an enclosed aft cabin vs a separate shower stall. The E34 was designed a little later and does have a few minor niceties missing in the E35 - although I do look very enviously at their "gull wing" lazarette locker door.