• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

New E 27 owner needs help rigging sails and attaching Boom

willyt

Hi I just purchased a 77 E 27 and I dont know how to rig it I found sails and the mast is already stepped and the boom is attached but I don't know how to rig tthe boom it is hooked to the rear stays in the storage position.

dt222

Member III
Boom Rig

Congratulations and welcome to the club. As far as the boom, there are slight variations, but on my 27, there is a short wire rope that is attached to the rear stay that I use only for long-term storage. Otherwise, I have a Topping lift that goes from the mast-head, and attaches vial a shackle to the end of my boom. This stops the boom from hitting the deck when the main sail is stowed.

Is your main sheet rigged or not? When storing the main on the boom, I sheet home the main sheet, and that's what keeps the boom from moving side to side. Others may use a boom vang.

Is that a good start?

joelucido2

Another question to help the new e27 owner and me..

What are the settings for the shrouds as far as tension - racing and cruising- these seem to be critical. Is there a place to find these numbers?

:confused:

Joe