• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Fresh Water Head ?

Blue Chip

Member III
We are replacing our Raritan head and thought of using just fresh water. The 32-200 has a stern water tank which has never been used on this boat. I assume it is turned off at the pressure water pump??
Anyway would it not work to run the line from the stern tank directly to the Raritan pump and just use that to pump water through the toilet. It is what happens to raw water. Any ideas on the feasibility of this, or has anyone done it?

Mike Tinder

Member II
Fresh water for head use

We have fresh water hooked up to both our heads. It is a life/equipment saver. We live aboard, and as you know you spend 80% or so of your time at the pier. I would not have it any other way. Even when we take off to go cruising it will still be fresh water.

CSMcKillip

Yep, Us Too

Or head is plumbed to a thru hull under the sink, and it is fresh water. No need to count the flushes, total live saver. We are on a fresh water lake.:egrin:

Rocinante33

Contributing Partner
Blue Chip,

Our head is also plumbed so the intake hose attaches to the sink drain hose before the thru hull. The advantage there is that if you close the thru hull, then simply run water into your sink from the faucet, you can then pump that fresh water from the sink drain to flush the head. I keep that thru hull closed almost all the time. It is true that your old toothpaste spit or wash water passes through the head into the holding tank, but what is wrong with using that "gray" water to flush? It works for me and it is simple. Check out how your head is plumbed. It might be the same.