• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Getting "old" - Time to Stop...

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252605

After reading thru this longish thread it seems like something that would provide thoughtful reading for our Raftup Forum.
;)

Being retired I spend coffee-drinking time, 3 mile walks, and evening sails with an age group ranging (roughly) from 60 to 80.

Contemplating mortality seems to be a regular bit of conversation. (Gee, I wonder why.)
:rolleyes:

I thought that some of you Vikings might enjoy a perusal as well. Sailing forums from the UK have some occasional language differences, but the range of outlooks seems familiar, humorous, and occasionally right on target.

Cheers,
Loren

Last edited:

exoduse35

Sustaining Member
I' lament sadly that that we all have the question to look forward to... but Alas, I am :esad:already there, too many days:crying:

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
Still Crazy After All These Years

Great thread Loren!

Enjoyed the the link very much.

I have have two friends that I have made crossings with on their boats. One is 75 and the other is 70.

I ride (and raced) dirtbikes with a good friend who is in his mid 70s. My mom and dad still work out at the YMCA three days a week. She's turning 85 this week. My dad is still coaching the swim team and goes sailing with me all of the time.

I also know people in their 40s who are older than those mentioned above. :nerd:

Vagabond39

Member III
Age is relative.Yes, as we get older, feebler, and stiffer, we look at others.Doc, was a military doctor in Korean War (MASH), and singled handed his 30 footer in the open ocean, year after year.Finaly, age an medical problems made him hang up his jock.I have been retired off and on for 45 years, and think that I have a couple more years. However, I have downsized twice now.Still a lot of the US waters I have not sailed in years.And, that is a better option than sitting and vegitating, in my opinion.

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252605

After reading thru this longish thread it seems like something that would provide thoughtful reading for our Raftup Forum.
;)

Being retired I spend coffee-drinking time, 3 mile walks, and evening sails with an age group ranging (roughly) from 60 to 80.

Contemplating mortality seems to be a regular bit of conversation. (Gee, I wonder why.)
:rolleyes:

I thought that some of you Vikings might enjoy a perusal as well. Sailing forums from the UK have some occasional language differences, but the range of outlooks seems familiar, humorous, and occasionally right on target.

Cheers,
Loren

I see they're using good software.... :nerd:

And...it's a good thread. It's funny when I think of my age now, it's the same age my dad was when I was 17, causing all kinds of trouble... That said, I would concur with folks here and over there - in that it's not over until you're done - so why worry about it... Keep going.

Last edited: