• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Dodger for a 1974 29 Foot Ericson

shevrin

The dodger on our 1974, 29 foot Ericson is "all but destroyed". It's old and I need to replace it. Can anyone give me some guidance as to where I might find one-possibly used. My budget is tight and I want to keep my cost down.

I live in Oceanside, CA.

Thanks,

SHevrin

Fal51

The dodger on our 1974, 29 foot Ericson is "all but destroyed". It's old and I need to replace it. Can anyone give me some guidance as to where I might find one-possibly used. My budget is tight and I want to keep my cost down.

I live in Oceanside, CA.

Thanks,

SHevrin
Do you want to sell your old dodger? I need parts for mine. Thanks fal51 My email is falcone@frontiernet.net

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Shevrin,
You might want to ask all the sailors you know around your moorage, yacht club, and personal friends for some "local knowledge". ;)

Some years ago I had a great dodger built for our prior boat and again for the present boat by a small shop that got business solely by word-of-mouth.
One-man shop with decades of upholstery and top building experience. He is long retired now and has gone from water cruising to land cruising on a converted Grayhound bus he totally built into a lovely motor home (!).
:cool:
Just a very handy guy with many different talents. Not only did he do the whole top with ss tubing, but also built one new cushion and re-foamed all the other cushions for us.

I betcha there are guys like that 'bout everywhere.... but usually under the radar. No budget for display ads, just referrals from customers. Lower overhead and lower prices to match.

I wonder if a "dodger wanted" ad in the local boating section of your area's Craigslist might scare up some prospects? Kind of a long shot... but ya never know...

LB