• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E31 Independence for parts in Chicago

Devon

Member I
Wow, and I haven't had my tea yet.

I Emailed the guy about several parts. I'll let you know what happens.

Devon

Member I
I saw pictures, it really is an E31. We are in Oregon, so no shipping the rudder to us.

He is a really nice guy, and honest.
It never hurts to ask.

Greg Ross

Not the newest member
The Last I-31 Hull

I stopped off and visited these guys in Waukegan a year ago April and it`s a terrible shame, that beautiful `new`Hull is going to be scrapped. There had been two hulls there at one time, that other hull has been scrapped and as mentioned previously by Glyn, the bow portion now resides at his home in CA.
I bought a steering quadrant casting from them. They had ones and twos of various parts, as in for two hulls, including as I recall, 1 complete set of oval opening ports to suit the Cruising 31.
There was a 2GM20 sitting in the Hull at the time of my visit, but she was also open to the weather.
I understood they had over a period of time accumulated parts, including having replicas made as with the rudder by borrowing original parts from a local boat and having a mold done off it.
The sponsor, a personal friend of theirs passed away sometime in the past few years. No mast or standing rigging was available.
I don`t quite understand the comment about not shipping the rudder to Oregon, they have a millwork shop right there on the premises, if the price were right crating up a rudder wouldn`t be all that complex.

Devon

Member I
I don`t quite understand the comment about not shipping the rudder to Oregon, they have a millwork shop right there on the premises, if the price were right crating up a rudder wouldn`t be all that complex.

Greg, sorry I did not clarify. It is our choice not to ship. The rudder is there ready to be finished for shipping.

As far as I can tell, this is honest people selling off excess stock.

It's sad to think of the history of the boats. This is the place Glen went to cut off the bow of the last E31 to hang inside his house. What a history. . . .