• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Boat Naming Contest

wesail&ubail

Inactive Member
Here is my story: My 12 y/o son managed to find an Atomic 4 for $1.00 on Craigslist. Funny thing is that it was bolted to a FREE Ericson 32-2! Wow! I had to support the kid on that one - so here we are! The trailer/crane/steel to get the whole load home has already cost me (dad) almost $3,000.00! ; ) gulp!

We pulled the motor which we'll be working on through the winter - we'll post some pics asap. He has it stripped down to the block and casings already. Unfortunately, the past owner may have fried the lower end - we had had it soaking in an oil bath for a month and it won't budge with the hand crank. This is an older 60's block with few (if any) mods.

The short story is that the previous owner purchased the hull etc. from a salvage co. (four years ago) after it had slipped its mooring in a storm. The hull took "a few tides" through it via a handful of holes. Ha!

So... I need a new name for my boat...

Attach your answer to a rebuildable BRASS zenith updraft carbeurator for a Universal Atomic 4 Engine, and send it to Naming Contest c/o E Whitehair 1173 New Boston Rd. Norwich, Vt. 05055

A picture of the boat is attached.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Not the answer you were looking for

Picture not attached...
but your adventure put me in mind of a boat name I saw a couple of decades ago.
This was on each side, in largish Gothic/Germanic lettering...
"WOFTAM"

Everyone would ask if this was a legendary Norse literary name, or something similar. He would just laugh.
One day he told me the truth.
(Irony Alert!) :rolleyes:
Like owning any sort of boat, he saw the whole experience as a "Waste Of F___ing Time & Money"
;)

edit: for a more "real" name, how 'bout "Prince of Tides" ?

Last edited:

Lucky Dog

Member III
I remember seeing a beautiful wooden yacht towing a equally beautiful tender. Named "To Long" and "To Short".

Ours is Scuppers" because of my first book I remember reading.

Attachments

• Sailor_Dog.jpg
    Sailor_Dog.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 256

tenders

Innocent Bystander
Young Buck (reflecting both Junior's involvement and the price paid)
Ebben Flow
Ebb Tide
Ebbenescent

(Experience talking here: current boat predates my wife by half a decade but in the extremely unlikely case that I ever replace the boat I will name it after my wife in an effort to reduce the boat-related whining.)

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
A boat is the ultimate freedom; on the open seas you can go anywhere.
A boat is the ultimate prison; on the open seas you can't leave it.
Therefore a good name would be” PARADOX”
I had thought of changing Rumkin’s name until I found Rumkin means a short glass of a “Drinking Vessel”