• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E28 Cradle Help

aquavit

Member II
I have purchased a used cradle for my 1990 E28. Like most used things, it is not the exact fit for the intended use. My boat is 5'9" draft and I need to make longer upright legs, or extensions for the cradle.

Does anyone have a cradle for their deep draft E28, and if so, is it somewhere where the height of the upright sections could be measured? I need to get this done over the next few weeks because haul out season is starting at our marina.

Thanks in advance,

Glenn (Aquavit)

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
If the uprights are tubing you can insert a tube in them and then have adjustment of the height by drilling and pinning the inserts to height and if you add screw adjusters to the top of the inserts you can fine tune the stands.

Brian K

Member III
Glen, last year I bought a previously owned, but never uses, Jowi cradle. I called the Jowi factory 2 times and both times they were sure my Ericson 32-200 would fit just fine. Well, with my 6' 1/2" fin keel it was still too short. Fortunately a friend of mine is a steel fabricator and he made some extensions for the pipe uprights. They slip over the existing pipe uprights so they can easily be removed if the cradle is ever used for another boat. It works very nicely and I'd be happy to email you pictures if you'd like to see it.

aquavit

Member II
Thanks for the responses gentlemen. I own a machine shop and have a mechanical designer on staff. The actual "nuts and bolts" of extending the legs is something I can handle but it was the overall length of the legs that I was hoping to find. The marina people are going to be a bit grumpy if I ask them to suspend the boat over the cradle while I sort out the lengths required.

Thanks, Glenn