• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E-41 Island Bird vee drive...any info?

vanfuego

Island Bird
I have been routing the raw water system on Island Bird(an E-41) and I have a few questions regarding the vee drive. I have a westerbeake 4 107 and the shaft goes forward into a walter vee drive(I'm not sure wich model) however I do know that the raw water enters the boat through the sea cock then the sea strainer to the hydraulic paragon transmission cooler to the raw water pump to the oil cooler to the heat exchanger and finally injected into the exhaust elbow(I installed a water lift muffler). where in this sequence do I hook up the vee drive? This is one of the few things i need to finish to finally launch her. I purchased this boat fully stripped and everything was taken apart. The previous owner is nowhere to be found and I have been with very little info on this restoration project. check out other threads I've posted and you'll find a list of other projects I've done. I installed maple and sapele soles in the galley area, under the table around the setee and in the head. There is a photo album to look at. I'll be updating pictures and I'll post them soon. I have done a lot of work and I'm sure she'll be the prettiest boat in the channel(swinomish). Its never too late. I hope to spend a winter weekend
all cozy and warm safely anchored in a nice little cove somewhere in the San Juan Islands.....look for me!