• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E-38 Article in Blue Water Sailing Magazine

Spirit Moon

Member II
There is an article in the Sept edition of BWS magazine by Taryn & Stephen Toman of the E38 Synchronicity. I tried to find an on line link but couldn't. It is an interesting article of their maiden trip from Baltimore to Bermuda. Stephen is an experienced blue water cruiser but this voyage clearly tested them and the older model E38. They endured consistent gale and storm force winds to 50 knots and 25 ft seas. The boat did well with the exception of leakage from the anchor locker. This was later fixed with some epoxy but does point to the need to test the integrity of the anchor locker and the routes for water to enter it. This young couple made it through even though the windvane they had installed packed it in. I found one posting by them on this site with regard to the selection of the windvane. The article notes they have since sailed through the eastern caribbean and the San Blas Islands and plan to spend next year in the western caribbean. Hopefully when they return they will post some articles on their cruising experiences.

Frank
Spirit Moon E 38

rwthomas1

Sustaining Partner
Excellent! I will have to look that up. I have the engine out of Synchronicity in my boat now. Stephen didn't trust the old Universal and repowered with new for his cruise. I got a good deal on it and obviously things have worked out for them as well. Small world. RT