• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

selling sails

stvsem

1 main (fully battened) and 1 genoa from an ericson 30+. main dim luff 37ft, leech 40ft, foot 12ft 5in. genoa dim luff 34ft 8in, leech 33ft, foot 18ft 8in. main has 2 reef pts. genoa will fit roller furler. $20.00 for both. willing to travel within 50 miles of 49276 to deliver.
stvsem@gmail.com 317-445-2556

Attachments

• IMG_0957.JPG
    IMG_0957.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0961.JPG
    IMG_0961.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 62

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
If you are really only asking $20.00 for both of them I'll take them! How old are they and what kind of shape are they in? The pictures are a little soft.

Who are the makers of these sails? Is the main loose-footed; looks like it in the picture.

Last edited:

stvsem

i don't know the age of either sail. my best guess is 15 years+. i've noticed no tears. the main is NOT loose footed. you may call my cell if you have other questions. steve

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
I have decided I don't really need these sails, so they are still available for anyone else.

JorritWit

I'm interested and will pay duties transport to Ontario canada.... but I need to know if the measurements are the same... I have a Ericson 30 1969. I ripped my jenny when it caught on the streaders. Just need to measure mine. Will try to get that tomorrow. :egrin:

Jorrit
416-818-8413
jorrit.wit@vertexsoft.com

PDX

Member III
E30+ and E30-1 rig dimensions are not the same

The E30+ has a fractional rig with a huge mainsail. It is high aspect with a long mainsail luff and short foot.

The E30-1 has a balanced masthead rig. It is low aspect, with a shot mainsail luff and long foot. The mainsail luff measurement is 30.5 feet, while the foot measurement is 12.8 feet. I don't know the equivalent measurements on a 30+ but the luff has to be several feet longer

JorritWit

Great site and members

Too bad.

Another general note: It is amazing how much people know on this site. Someone like me has to learn alot and I read alot of posts to learn. Thanks to everyone that spreads the Ericson knowledge.