• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Slap 'n Tickle?

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Anybody know Slap 'n Tickle? I was up in Seattle last week and had dinner at Chinook's at Salmon Bay at Fisherman's Terminal. There was this beautiful Ericson docked in front of the restaurant.

What size is she? 32', 34'? :esad:

Attachments

• SlapNTickle.jpg
    SlapNTickle.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:

steven

Sustaining Member
E380?

I'm not an expert on the various models, but she might be an E380. I think that model had a scoop transom. I think there should be three ports fwd of the trapazoids - I only see one in the picture - but everything else seems to be in the right place.

Pretty boat.

--Steve

steven

Sustaining Member
E38? more . . .

just found an E380 picture on this site in the Galleries, Peregrin, picture number 17 on page 4. Photo from same angle. If it isn't a match, it sure is close.

--Steve

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Not a 38

The 38s have three opening ports forward of the fixed windows. This boat has no overhead hatch behind the mast, either, as the 38s have.

The stern steps are a feature of newer boats?

Tomarland

Member I
Anybody know Slap 'n Tickle? I was up in Seattle last week and had dinner at Chinook's at Salmon Bay at Fisherman's Terminal. There was this beautiful Ericson docked in front of the restaurant.

What size is she? 32', 34'? :esad:

I own "Slap N Tickle" now named "Journey". I moved her to Southern California, King Harbor Marina. Great boat. It is the perfect size - 32.5 ft. for my wife and I. We are in our late 60's and found the E-34 to be too much boat. This is my 5th boat, maybe the last. Journey was made in 1998 by Pacific Seacraft and is identical to the E - 32-200 made in the late 80's. The only difference being the cutout transom for boarding. As far as I can find only 7 of these were made.

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
I own "Slap N Tickle" now named "Journey". I moved her to Southern California, King Harbor Marina. Great boat. It is the perfect size - 32.5 ft. for my wife and I. We are in our late 60's and found the E-34 to be too much boat. This is my 5th boat, maybe the last. Journey was made in 1998 by Pacific Seacraft and is identical to the E - 32-200 made in the late 80's. The only difference being the cutout transom for boarding. As far as I can find only 7 of these were made.

Wow, I originally posted that photo 5 years ago. I remember being very impressed with the quality build and how well maintained that boat was when I first saw her. So did you make the journey down the coast from Washington on "Journey"? I'm just down the coast from you in San Pedro. Maybe see you offshore or at Catalina some day. Nice boat! And I do like the cutout transom. :egrin:

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Changes from E32-3

SlapNTickleLETTERED.jpg
Click on the photo to enlarge it
Lovely specimen.

As the owner mentioned, the PS version differs from the E32-200 mostly in the scoop transom. Here are the upgrades from the precursor E32-3:

A. Scoop transom. Cowls changed from horizontal mount to vertical.
B. Fourth cabin house winch, two cabin house winches ST, a very useful improvement.
C. Shorter spinnaker track. Track black, not anodized alum.
D. Longer inboard Genoa track.
E. Split backstay.
F. Boarding ladder centered, not offset starboard.
Also, the main cabin hatch has moved forward of the mast as result of the companionway pushing forward.

One thing I can't tell from the photo is whether the 32-200 cockpit was raised for benefit of the after cabin.

It also appears that the entire cabin house extends further forward, narrowing the path to the bow.

I notice that the concaves of the helm seat remain. To my mind that was a marketing decision that doesn't work in practice. You are heeled over to windward 0.00013 percent of ownership time and 6.332 percent of water time. Sit down back there and if your butt misses the bullseye you ride the slide to amused titters from the guests. Dangerous to stand on . Impossible to kneel on.

E32-3 for comparison:

E32-3 comparision.jpg

Last edited:

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
One further question: What rubrail does your model have? Is it the usual aluminum extrusion that's no longer available?

Tomarland

Member I
Wow, I originally posted that photo 5 years ago. I remember being very impressed with the quality build and how well maintained that boat was when I first saw her. So did you make the journey down the coast from Washington on "Journey"? I'm just down the coast from you in San Pedro. Maybe see you offshore or at Catalina some day. Nice boat! And I do like the cutout transom. :egrin:

Wow! You do keep up with the website. I am a newbie to the site and am still fumbling with it's use.
I look forward to meeting you someday and showing the boat. A friend of mine keeps his boat in Holiday Harbor, so I am occasionally down there. No, I did not sail down from Seattle. Maybe would have done it 30 years ago, but now.......I had it trucked down which was interesting to say the least. If you are ever up in King Harbor look me up. You can find my number, etc at the King Harbor Yacht Club.
Tom Marland

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Wow! You do keep up with the website. I am a newbie to the site and am still fumbling with it's use.
I look forward to meeting you someday and showing the boat. A friend of mine keeps his boat in Holiday Harbor, so I am occasionally down there. No, I did not sail down from Seattle. Maybe would have done it 30 years ago, but now.......I had it trucked down which was interesting to say the least. If you are ever up in King Harbor look me up. You can find my number, etc at the King Harbor Yacht Club.
Tom Marland

Nice to meet you Tom. Yeah, I've been lurking around this Ericson site since 2003 or so. It's a great Forum and has helped me a lot with my 42 year old E-27. Shoot me a private message on this site the next time you come down to Holiday Harbor. I'm right next door at Cabrillo Marina. I don't often get up to King Harbor, but I will message you if I'm heading up there in the future. That boat of yours really stole my heart when I saw it up in Seattle. Now you tell me they only made about 8 or so. I want one! :egrin: I go up to the PNW to visit family about three times a year. That's where I'm from originally.

Tomarland

Member I
Nice to meet you Tom. Yeah, I've been lurking around this Ericson site since 2003 or so. It's a great Forum and has helped me a lot with my 42 year old E-27. Shoot me a private message on this site the next time you come down to Holiday Harbor. I'm right next door at Cabrillo Marina. I don't often get up to King Harbor, but I will message you if I'm heading up there in the future. That boat of yours really stole my heart when I saw it up in Seattle. Now you tell me they only made about 8 or so. I want one! :egrin: I go up to the PNW to visit family about three times a year. That's where I'm from originally.

My partner in the boat lives on Bainbridge Is. He and I have owned boats in the past. He wanted a boat in S. Cal so he could occasionally escape the winter. Are you a yacht club member? I could find you through that or you can find me thru King Harbor YC. If I could figure out how to send a private message I will send my email, and phone #.

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
My partner in the boat lives on Bainbridge Is. He and I have owned boats in the past. He wanted a boat in S. Cal so he could occasionally escape the winter. Are you a yacht club member? I could find you through that or you can find me thru King Harbor YC. If I could figure out how to send a private message I will send my email, and phone #.

Sent you a PM Tom with that info. Nope, not a Yacht Club member. Too much organization in my life already. :egrin: