• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

1983 E28+ traveller upgrade

Gary G

Member II
I'm looking into upgrading the original traveler on my 1983 E28+. The current position is right at the entrance to the companionway and I'd like to move it to the cabintop if that's possible without causing any big problems. The only reason I have for wanting to do that is to get more seating room in the cockpit. Has anyone done this (ideally on a 28+)? Any thoughts or advice on whether or not I should go ahead and place the new traveller on the cabin top or just replace it in its current position? Thanks.

rwthomas1

Sustaining Partner
I thought end-boom sheeting was a big deal and so I wanted mid-boom, cabin top setup when I bought my boat. I have learned after sailing on two friends boats that the traveller in the cockpit is not such a big deal and actually makes for easier sailing. That said, both of these boats are setup with a quick release at the traveller/mainsheet block so that the mainsheet, blocks, etc. can be easily released and clipped off to the toerail for more room at the dock. Works well enough that a boat with a traveller in the cockpit is no longer a deal breaker for me.

RT