• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Seeking portlight vinyl interior trim.....

DynamicDave

Member I
Time to reseal and repair my tired old aluminum portlights. Can't seem to find a supplier for the Inside 9/16" decorative vinyl trim that has become UV brittle and shrinking like my budget! Any ideas, links, product out there? Mid 70's, unkn manufacturer, no factory markings, & 3/16" tempered glass. This grey trim fills the dust channel on the inside of the port, around the entire perimeter, only 3/8" deep. Comments, please. db

DynamicDave

Member I
As posted previously, try Catalina Direct!

I took a gamble and ordered the Portlight reseal kit for a C30 that had 38' of inside AND outside UV Vinyl trim along w/ a couple of tubes of 4200 and some popcycle sticks, all for 100Bucks! I got lucky in that the trim is a Match! One tube of sealant was split open and they refunded my $ on that item alone. I'm using Butyl tape supplied by a cool place in Portland, Pacific Putty that carries many sizes and widths for WAY cheap (bring cash though). The whole shebang = 6 5x14 ports and 4 trapezoid larger ports rebuilt/sealed and reinstalled for a Saturdays work and $120!! They look great w/o the silicone sealant smeared on the outside and the hard water marks removed, I even polished up the aluminum a little bit. We'll see how they seal most any day now! DB