• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Replace the water heater

Bolo

Contributing Partner
I was fixing a small leak in my water system this past weekend and got to thinking about the hot water heater in my E32-III (1987). It almost looks like the boat was built around it! Now, I'm not having any problems with the water heater now but someday I maybe have to replace it.

How do you get it out? Has anyone ever replaced it? Would I have to disassemble it in place and take it out in pieces? Reciprocating saw?? Anyone have an answer? :confused:

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
Depends on how big it is. I was able to get mine out through the lazarette, barely. I believe it is a 6 gallon model; Raritan. I am considering an Isotemp (?) unit if I decide to replace it.

jgarmin098

Member II
I pulled mine out of my '88 32-3. To do so, I pulled all the trimwork off above the portside engine access panel. That gave me about a half inch to spare.

ref_123

Member III
Isotemp Slim

Hi there,

we bought the Isotemp Slim 6-gal model - it went in perfectly through the cockpit locker without any disassembling. It was also very easy to install. We have it for 5 years now.

Have no clue what happened to the original water heater - we bought her without one.

Regards,
Stan

E32-3 1986 "Fire Eater"

treilley

Sustaining Partner
If you remove the sheet metal shell you may be able to fit it through the hatch. I did that on my 35-3 and replaced it with an Isotemp slimline 6 gal model.