• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Late model 32-200 skippers and Admirals

Lawrence B. Lee

Member III
Fellow Vikes,

I have a 1988 E32-200 #823. Several things on the boat lead me to believe it was started nearer to 1987. Nonetheless, I have noticed an interesting disparity in the volumes claimed by a large number of 32-200 owners at sale (not sail) or PFRD time. To my knowledge the boat has a 20 gallon fuel tank, a 14 gallon holding tank and God knows what for water. In fact, while some 32's seem to have two water tanks I don't think mine does. To be sure there is a port and starboard filler cap and I am sure there is a great water tank under the forward port cabin settee but I sure can't find another tank. Schematics for other 32's seem to show two tanks. Since the 32-200 is supposed to be the cruiser of the model I would think it had two tanks but as I said I can't find the other one.

So:
Does anyone know what the capacity of the:
Fuel,
Holding,
Water
tanks actually are on a late model 32-200?

Does anyone know if there are two water tanks on the said vessel.

Larry Lee
Annabel Lee
E32-200
Savannah, GA
103 degrees Fahrenheit here, but at least it was very humid today.

Last edited:

newpbs

Member III
Specs

Larry,

I think that my 32-200 is hull #1788. It was built in 1988. I believe that I am the third owner. Here are the specs on the boat, http://ericsonyachts.tripod.com/er32200.htm
as far as I know they are accurate.

My boat does indeed have a second fresh water tank. It is located under the floor of the starboard lazarette. The valves controlling the two tanks are under the galley sink. This setup confused my at first. There are several valves located under this sing. Two of them control the drain to the ice box under the navigation station. If you follow the tubing from the fresh water pump, also under the sink, you can locate the valves controlling tank selection.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if there is anything else that I can help with.

Paul

Lawrence B. Lee

Member III
Oh those valves

Paul,
Thanks for your response. In May I did some work on the fresh water pump and looked right at the valves you described and never realized what they were doing there. Frankly, figuring out how to bring IN salt water or pump OUT ice box water was a major accomplishment in it's own right. Learning all this even without a manual is what keeps me and the Admiral laughing...most of the time. This web site makes in all possible. Thanks again.

Adm:"Are you sure an admiral does this?"

Capt: Why, yes my little flower...please don't stop pumping.

Larry Lee
Annabele Lee
E-32-200

Brian K

Member III
Larry, below is some data I have, although I'm not sure where I got it from, regarding the E32-200. Paul is correct on the location of the aft H2O tank. Although he may be wrong about his hull #.

Paul, are you sure about your hull #? My E32-200 is also an '88 but it's hull #788. I can't imagine Ericson making a thousand of these boats in a year - I don't think they even made a thousand of this model.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about your E32-200's.

1988 Ericson 32-200
HIN# ERY32804H788
Documentation # 946448
LOA 32' 6"
LWL 25' 10"
Beam 10' 10"
Draft 6' 1/2"
Displacement 9,800 lbs.
Fuel 22 gal.
Water 59 gal (23 aft, 30 port, 6 hot water tank)
Holding 25 gal.
Mast dimensions 6.5" x 4.5"
Mast length 48'
Mast circumference 18.5"
Mast collar 28"
Spreaders 2 3/4" wide
Dodger tubing size 7/8"
Engine: Universal M25XP
Engine pencil zinc: 9/16" (E-0)
Shaft zinc: 1"
Impeller: Universal part #295628
Impeller gasket: Universal part #295626
Globe impeller #815
Engine oil drain nut 3/4"
Engine oil: SAE 30 or 10W30 or 15W/40
Oil Filter: FRAM PH3593A
Fuel Filter: Kubota #15221-43170
Fuel Filter Raycor:
Hurth Model HBW-50 Transmission
Winches: (2) Barient 24 self-tailing, two-speed, (1) Barient 18 two-speed, (3) Barient 10 single-speed.

u079721

Contributing Partner
No experience with the 32, but it's interesting on our 38 that all the documents say the fuel tank is 59 gallons, while the top of the tank is engraved "54 Gallons".

Lawrence B. Lee

Member III
Water Water

Brian,

Thanks for all the data and info. No wonder we never seem to run out of water.

I agree with you that somethings wrong with Paul's number.

Larry Lee
Savannah, GA
Annabel Lee E32-200

clayton

Member III
32-200

Brian -
From your HIN info, your boat is #804, manufactured in August '87, '88 model. Somewhere there is a thread regarding decoding the HIN, but I am unable to get search to work. Fuel capacity should be stamped on the manufacturers plate on top of the tank, 22 gals is I think what it says. Water capacity seems right. My holding tank is a Ronco Plastics B192 with 18gal capacity according to their catalog. Somewhere I've got the Kubota oil filter #, though I typically use the Fram.
Clayton

Brian K

Member III
Ops! I was reading the HIN wrong,,,, I guess I need to review the HIN decoding more often!!

Clayton, I think your holding tank figure of 18 gal. is more likely correct. The number I referenced came from the survey.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
HIN's and tags

To find some HIN threads, go to Advanced Search and put _hin_ into the Tag Search box.

That brings up several applicable ones.

Loren

newpbs

Member III
Hull Number

Clayton and Brian,

Thanks for setting me straight on the hull number thing.

My complete HIN is ERY32809I788 according to my notes so it looks like I have hull #809.

Paul

Blue Chip

Member III
Hull #s

As I understand it, according to your numbers...the "I" is Sept and "7" is the year...so your hull was laid in Sept of 87 for sale in 88...accordng to the info I have about Ericsons at least.

I don't have ours handy, but I believe it was layed in Oct or Nov for sale in 90 and it was bought May 15th of 1990 hull number 913 at a boat show in Alameda.
Our water is a tank on each side, that just feeds each other...no switching needed, and a stern tank we never use. Fuel is 20 I believe...maybe 19... deisel in the starboard lazerette.
Yes, the refer pumping system is worthy of a spot on the Internatonal Space Station!!!.