• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Datamarine LINK 5000

sailingdeacon

Member III
Swinging the compass is needed on the link compass. I have a photo of the L-500 compass. it has two knobs, one E-W and one N-S. This l-500 compass uses an out dated N+1 format, not the current NMEA 0183 format. The LInk 5000 accepts only the N+1 format. So I am a bit uncertain that the Azimuth 1000 compass documents would apply other than conceptually.

In general the Datamarine 5000 and remote is excellent. I love the small space required at the helm for the remote unit... connected with only one cable.

CSMcKillip

Tom, appreciate your going to the trouble on the manual. Looks like Chris could write his own.

John

You are so dam right, the whole process of dealing with the 33 offsets me to believe that the boat has been left for the albatross. I have gone thru the 30, 32 and 34 manuals to try and look for anything close to our hull.

I started the Capri 25 international association because o have a great love for sailing, my father had won 3 north American championships as well as a worlds in Scottland, sailing to me comes as second nature and I am glad to get n the mix of things and try and get results.

The instruments are a, let's say, bonus. There will be nothing that replaces the air on my cheek, the rush in my mind and the true joy of coming into the line of 20+ boats racing. I am now 38 and I have had my own fun at sailing, I want to sit back and enjoy the wind in my sails and hear the rush of water hitting the hull as I adjust the sheets.

I have been truly blessed with this boat, she is a fine girl that I plan on sailing for a long time.

Ok ,back to topic. The compass on eBay is a datamarine, look at the add and the photos, I assume mine is older. The instructions for the KVH gives the calibration, I assume they are the same.

CSMcKillip

Main unit location

I was at our boat yesterday and was looking at the location to install the mail unit, where do you have yours installed?