• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

need timing chain cover E35 Univ #5424

Eric the Red

I'm trying to locate a timing chain cover for my 1978 E35 deisel Universal model #5424. If you have any ideas let me know.
Eric the Red
Finding the part (Gear Cover) unavailable, my mechanic had an outfit sandblast clean and weld new material on to the casting, them machining it back to original. I hope it works! It seems that that was the only alternative. Thanks Cory and Rob for your interest.
Eric the Red

Last edited:

Cory B

Sustaining Member
Kubota

Have you tried Kubota yet? We have the same engine, but I don't recall the Kubota block number / tractor model. Our local Kubota dealer looks things up by tractor model for us - they were confused by the block #.

If you don't have it and can't find it, I think I have it written down at our boat, but it may be a few days before I can get down there again.

Its a different model than the M25 that was fitted on a lot of Ericsons.

rwthomas1

Sustaining Partner
If you look just to the side of where the injection pump bolts on, stamped into that same machined mounting base, there will be the engine block serial number. Any Kubota industrial supplier should be able to get you that part. You can also try SouthEastern Power Products. You didn't hear this from me but ask for Thomas, see if he will ship to you COD, they are not supposed to sell in your region but I begged and they sold to me.... 1-954-979-5899
RT