• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Bay Area Ericson Rendezvous

Guy Stevens

Ok, after seeing 10 plus Ericsons on the Bay and in the Oakland estuary this weekend, I think that it is time that we had a rendezvous late this summer or this fall.

What would people like a anchor out, or a marina style rendezvous?

When would people like it?

Once we get some ideas kicked around, I will start a poll so that we can vote on it. Once we have a place and a date. If someone wanted to make up some PDF posters that we could all put up around various marinas we could probably get quite a crowd of Vikings together.

So lets kick it around, when, where, and how.

Personally I like both the at a dock, and at anchor rendezvous I have been too. Late summer, or early fall works best for me, but I am flexible if need be.

Guy and Melissa Stevens
Aiki
Ericson 46

dwigle

Member III
After 5 days Guy needs a reply.

A rendezvous would be great, haven't had a really good one for about 5 years. I'm in for it, but would prefer Fall. We're in So Cal right now but should be back by mid August.

Dock or anchor are both good with the usual problems. I kind of like the marina solution if there are enough slips available, though some may be put off by the cost. Anchoring out is a little more nautical, but I've become less inclined to raft because of problems/damage caused by surge.

My final choice would be a marina, though Clipper cove would be the second.

Good luck getting this going.

Don and Jan Wigle
Wiggle Room
E38 #8
Pt Richmond,CA

Blue Chip

Member III
Rendezvous???

Just my two cents, but us older (read that "been there done that") crowd are past the ocean trips, and anchoring out stuff. I think more of the senior folks, and boats, would attend if you could find a marina location that would work..
What is the possobility of anchoring out AND some dock space at TI?

Vincent

Member II
I would show for this inside or outside the bay. Coyote Point Yacht Club would host if there is an intrest.
Vince

Matey

Member III
I'm in ..

I'd think a Marina get together would yield the best attendnace. I happen to like Senior Folks , so I'd enjoy having them make it too. But I'm game for whatever

Regards, Greg

exoduse35

Sustaining Member
Well I have relocated to Ventura, but my boat is still there so I would try to make what ever you guys decide... but sence I was the only one who actualy showed and stayed for the last one, if I come please don't stand me up this time!

Gumdoc

Member I
I just purchased last week, as my first boat, a 1972 Ericson 32. I have only sailed it once, from Redwood City to Oakland. I would like to get to know the Ericson community but at this time, the old timers' solution, a marina location, is about all I am capable of, until my skill grows. John Rech, Oakland

exoduse35

Sustaining Member
John, Welcome to the board, and the Ericson family. You will soon find that you have made some great decisions. Your boat will no doubt become a good friend that will help you learn and become a comfortable, confident sailor, as she will forgive your mistakes and reword your efforts. As for this board, you will find answers to any questions you encounter, and friends that will help you with whatever you need! Again welcome. Edd exoduse35 E35-2 Matrinez, Ca.:egrin:

Last edited:

Guy Stevens

Ok where?

It seems like there is a general consesus for a marina environment. I will check on the possibilities here at Grand Marina, however I would need some more numbers of people possibly attending and a date.

So lets propose dates, and start working numbers.

Then WE can contact various marinas etc.

Thanks,
Guy
:)