• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Need a holding tank for E38...

upnorthfrank

Member II
All the other tanks are there, lucky. What are my options?!? I'm assuming it's stainless steel?!?$$$!!!

Thoughts?!? Much appreciated, as always-

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
"Plastics!"

SS is not advised for waste. Factory tank was a Ronco
http://www.ronco-plastics.com/newRonco/index.php
rotomolded poly tank. (At least it is in the late 80's 200 series of the E-38.)

Other E-38 owners can chime in with the exact location and tank model # for your particular model boat. Yours is a mk 1, head forward model, right?
Buy direct from Ronco and they will spinn-weld in all the plastic fittings exactly to your drawings. Real nice folks to do business with, and their prices are reasonable too. (Their tanks are structural-tough... my new larger one sits below the seat hatch and also functions as a step for accessing that deep locker!)

Best,
LB

Last edited:

D & DM Cahill

Member II
We have a E38 standard with the head forward of the saloon (holding tank under the port settee). We recently replaced the aluminum holding tank which had developed pin holes. We found the Ronco model B192 fit the space and even gave us an increase of about 3 gallons in holding capacity. We also replaced all the hoses, added vented loops which were missing from the original installation and rebuilt the toilet. Hope this information helps. Good luck. Not a fun project but well worth it. Thanks. Dave

DevinWalker

Inactive Member
I have a 13 gal tank that I was going to put in my E27 but opted for a port-a-potty instead. Let me know if you want it and we'll work out the $$

newpbs

Member III
Some interest

Devin,

If upnorthfrank is not interested in the 13 gallon tank I might be.

Please contact me if Frank is not interested.

Paul

G Kiba

Sustaining Member
Waste tank

I have the same situation. I bought a Ronco waste tank for my E27 and got cold feet thinking about drilling through the deck for the pump out. Prota-pottie for me.

I have a tank, 2) 1 1/2" fitting, filter, and pump-out fitting all new that I'll let go cheep if anyone's interested.