• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

2GM20F Air Filter Element

aquavit

Member II
During my thorough examination of my "new to me" E28, I found that the foam in the air filter is starting to break down. Besides no longer serving its intended purpose, it is likely being sucked into the engine as it decays. I want to replace it but would like to find a better element than the original. Is something better available anywhere? I did my normal google search and found a lot of oil filter cross references but nothing related to air filters. Perhaps it would be better to measure the intake diameter and see if K&N has something that will fit? Any past experience would be appreciated.

Glenn, Aquavit.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I believe that several site members have changed over to a K&N filter element and mount. We are on our second foam element on our Universal and this change/upgrade is definitely on my future to-do list, also.

You might do a site search (advanced) on K&N, and note that there will be a link for a well-documented and photographed filter upgrade on Mainesail's separate web site.

Best,

Loren