• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E-35 III refrigeration replacement/upgrade

jim kizziar

Member I
My 1986 ER-35 III Alibi II has a Norcold 110/12 volt wheezing and gasping refrigeration unit with a small L-shaped flat evaporator plate (10x17x12high) in the aft icebox that is not keeping up with our Texas summers (or Fall or Spring for that matter). I am considering replacing the unit with a 12 volt Frigoboat or Isotherm air cooled unit with a much larger evaporator plate (40x12). Can anyone comment on the performance of these systems, especially in warmer climates?

I would like to retain 110/12 volt dual capability, but I have been unable to locate such units. Any suggestions on dual capability systems that would work well in a 6.5 cubic foot icebox?

Has anyone replaced the teak edged icebox lids with something more insulated and gasketed, and how much trouble was that project?

Finally, does anyone know how much insulation surrounds the aft icebox for my Ericson model?

Jim Kizziar--Alibi II

Gary and Terri

Jim,

I can't give all the answers you want,but we are looking at the Frigoboat with the keel cooler for us. Have seen it demo'd and was impressed. I would not however install it until you insulate the box. We have probed around on our E-27 and I can tell you that the insulation is almost non exsistant. I have come up with a couple of ways to add insulation. I would advice you look into that before hand. After you insulate the box well I think you will be happy with the Frigoboat. Keep us informed have it all goes. Good Luck Gary

Dave Topolski

Norcold Refrigeration Compressor Needed

Jim I just searched the Ericson site to learn you contemplated replacing your Norcold unit. I'm looking to obtain the compressor unit for my boat an E-35 III in Channel Islands, CA. I realize many months have elapsed since you first posted your query but If you could favor me with a reply I'd appreciate it. Thanks Dave Topolski Seabird email is topolskidg@aol.com