• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

OK folks - who is heading out (with fresh fuel filters) this weekend?

Sven

Seglare
Chores this weekend, but Tuesday !

We'll use up the last of our vacation to head out on Tuesday through Monday, but this weekend we'll do penance and chores :egrin:

Looks like patchy fog most days but it should still be great.

Jeff, are you going to the BBQ ?

-Sven

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Jeff, are you going to the BBQ ?

-Sven

Oh, is that this Saturday? Cabrillo Marina's? Forgot about it. Yeah I may show up. I sure would like to win a months slip fee in the raffle. Especially since I'm still "breaking out thousands" for my boat. Just might see you there Sven.

Sven

Seglare
Oh, is that this Saturday? Cabrillo Marina's? Forgot about it. Yeah I may show up.

We missed it last year so we'll try to make it this year just to find out what it is like. Assume it is around the main office somewhere ?

-Sven

Sven

Seglare
It was like a London summer day, but nice anyway !

Fog, chilly, sprinkles, a few hours of nice sun then more of the same.

Nancy actually got in the water (in her 1/2-mil suit) but we saw lots of fools frolicking in the water and what must have been an extremely cold mermaid riding a 4th of July float through all the coves.

Despite the weather I can hardly think of a place I'd rather have been :)

-Sven

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Thanks for the update on the Isthmus Sven. I talked with a few dock neighbor's who just got back yesterday and I got pretty much the same report. Strange weather for the 4th of July weekend indeed. Plenty of moorings over there I guess.

I myself spend about 5 hrs sailing along the PV Peninsula, drizzle early and grey all day. Used a lot less sun block. Actually a very nice on shore that allowed me to sail north west easily.

Fuel tank seems to be okay now, a blast of compressed air and all new fuel lines and barbs seem to have done the trick. Will explain more on my related post later.
:egrin:

Sven

Seglare
Jeff,

Our sail over was actually very nice. We motored out to the second green can out of Angels Gate then set sail almost West. About halfway across the wind had shifted enough so we tacked and made a straight line for Ship rock under a nice steady breeze.

On the way back it was all motoring :-(

-Sven

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
I think I saw Mike come in towing a dink around 5pm on Monday the 5th. I wasn't sure because I couldn't see a pony tail on the Guy, but it sure looked like a pretty E-32 or 30. Is there another Ericson on your dock about that size with blue stripes Sven?.

Mikebat

Member III
That was me, and I cut my hair months ago. You should drop by and say "Hi" some time. :egrin:

I left Saturday morning for Catalina Harbor at about 6am, got there by 11. Motored the whole way, first up the PV coast until I was due south of Point Vicente, then turned towards the west end. Got a 48-ft mooring in Cat Harbor - the smallest one left. It was pretty full.

This was my dog Starbuck's (yeah, that makes me Ahab) first sail since I adopted him in January. He did really well, no pee in the cabin. He peed on the deck outside, or waited until we went ashore. Fireworks show was pretty nice.

Came back Monday, left at 10am, arrived home around 4pm. Got some wind starting around noon, sailed at 3.5 kts at first, but picked up speed to 7 kts by the time I got to the gate. Was a really nice broad reach.

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Cool Mike, How did you like Cat Harbor? I am surprised it was that crowded. It's a bit of a hike if you run out of ice or want to take a shower. I had a very relaxing week over there last August. Did you snorkel at all. The only spot I liked was below Cat Head. Man, 5 hours, that's good time. Was that 5 hrs including going up to Point Vicente, or from Point Vicente? I have never made it in less than 6 hrs.

Mikebat

Member III
The 11am arrival might be a bit off. But I do recall that it was exactly 6am as I passed the lighthouse heading out the gate, and wasn't noon yet when I went ashore.

I didn't do any snorkeling because the water is frakking cold. COLD I tell ya!

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Well, I would use my wetsuit for sure this time of year. I even used it last August. The older I get the colder I get. :egrin: