• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

rudder head

tenders

Innocent Bystander
Tiller-steered?

What happened to the original? I replaced my rudder this year and was not eager to try to replace that part. I had the new rudder drilled to fit the old (quite imperfect) rudder head.

You might try Bristol Bronze, although the rudder heads I saw in their online catalog were for rudders with posts of smaller diameters than my 32's.

I also moved up a size in throughbolts (drilling the hole in the rudder head out) and rebuilt the shim plates on both sides of the tiller casting. If those are your issues, they're fixable -- and I have a ton (well, maybe a pound) of leftover bronze shim plate stock if you want some. I believe it's 1/16" in thickness.

Spalding

the original is long gone and i have ben using a home made job that is now nearing the end of its useable lifespan. I have done many seaches and found a great deal for smaller posts. I was hopeing that someone who converted to whell steering was willing to part with there tiller stearing parts or to find a place that sells them for my size post

dave_g

Member II
I saw a previous post that mentioned someone parting out an E27 on the west coast and gave a name and number to call (Dan 310-795-8978). I gave Dan a call and found out he runs the equivalent of a sailboat junkyard. He has some Rudder heads in stock. He will need the Rudder shaft diameter. He wanted $50 for an E29 Rudder head.

Dave

Spalding

rudder post

thanks Dave , I gave Dan a call however he did not have any that size, however he thinks he will come accross one. I have my fingers crossed