• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Water (Potable) Tubing Fittings

tadslc

Member III
Does anyone know of a dealer for the fittings for the gray plastic tubing? Looked at a few local hardware stores and marine outlets but couldn't find anything similar. One of the nuts on a tee-fitting broke the other day.

Thanks,

tadslc

Member III
Thanks Loren
I found that previous thread but noticed it was pretty old and I think things have changed since it originally was done.

Cory B

Sustaining Member
pvc hose

Many of our old semi-rigid plastic hose/fittings have failed - often just by bumping them while working in the nether regions of the boat.

I've been doing repairs with old fashioned braided 1/2" pvc hose, barbs, and hose clamps. I don't know if its superior or inferior, but its what I prefer.

bbboat

Member II
I wouldn't use the old grey tubing. It was prone to failure (heat or UV related, not sure which). Don't even know if it's available anymore.

This company was good for PEX tubing, which is the next generation.
http://www.pexsupply.com/Pex-Plumbing-Plumbing-Supplies-5151000

I ended up going with a combination of CPVC for the long runs and valves, with PVC tubing for sharp bends and stress points. Second season and it's held up well. Less expensive than PEX, but in hindsight I'd rather have paid the extra money and done without the hassle of that nasty CPVC glue.

tadslc

Member III
Success!

FYI - I just returned from a local RV supply store and to my amazement, they had a huge selection of fittings for our original tubing. Bought what I needed + an extra for about $4. The guy at the register said they had had them in stock for a long time.