• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Selling 1984 Ericson 381

ligolaiva38

Member II
Hi,
I am selling my Ericson 38 after having it for 14 years. For more than 30 years I have owned the great Ericsons and the sailing has been fantastic times in my life. This Ericson 38 was the best Ericson I ever owned because it sails so much better. It was a fantastic boat with great memories and trips throughout So. California. I gave up my Catalina moorings now and am sadly selling my boat Laiva located in Cabrillo Marina in San Pedro the Los Angeles harbor.

It is a 1984 Ericson 381 and listed on Yachtworld.com by Nick the San Pedro Yachts Inc. Broker.

The boat has been improved a lot over the 14 yrs. on many of the original things and is in much better condition now so it is in excellent condition for doing cruising. The solar panels on the boat are great while spending time at the islands or just sailing.

I’ve spent my whole summers cruising Southern California. Been to all the islands and the costal areas, but many great weeks I just spent time in Catalina.

I had a USCG 100 ton Captains License, but enjoyed cruising my boat more than delivering other boats etc.

The boat size is perfect and roomy. I have installed a quality full size toilet, 8 gal water heater, new Adler Barbour frig and top quality interior cushions recently, refinished the mast and new rigging, new navigation lights and mast lights, new main sail, two coats bottom paint recently and all lines led to the cockpit so everything can be done from the cockpit easily. This is just to mention a few things compared to everything I have done to improve the boat over 14 yrs. I learned an awful lot of information and improvements for my Ericson 38 from this EricsonYachts.org web site.

I will really miss the boat since I had gotten it fixed up great for my retirement years, but now unfortunately my wife insists we do a Motor Homing tour all over North America. This Ericson 38 is a heartbreak for me, but will be a great future for the next boat owner.
Good luck to the new owner.

John Egils Avots
Ericson 381 “Laiva”