• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Some pics of a sunday sail on my E25

davisr

Member III
Adam,

I took another look at your pictures. I really like the stainless steel rails at the stern. It looks like your boat does not have an outboard, since the standard outboard cut-out/mounting bracket on the starboard side of the transom is not there. I also noticed that on the portside of your cockpit coaming there is a clamshell vent. Is this the vent for an inboard diesel? I know of only one other E25 owner with a diesel.

Best,
Roscoe

adamd

Member II
Hey Roscoe, there is an inboard, unfortunatetly it's not a diesel. It's the infamous OMC saildrive.

It seems to be working fine so far, the guy who owned the boat before me rebuilt it totally, so It'll probably run fine for a few years.
If I keep the E25 I'll expect to get an outboard sooner or later.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Hey Roscoe, there is an inboard, unfortunatetly it's not a diesel. It's the infamous OMC saildrive.

It seems to be working fine so far, the guy who owned the boat before me rebuilt it totally, so It'll probably run fine for a few years.
If I keep the E25 I'll expect to get an outboard sooner or later.

One thing to bear in mind is that changing from the old two stroke OMC to a modern diesel sail drive someday will also give you about 35 amps of alternator charging along with the thrift of the diesel. Since the hull already has the opening for a sail drive, might as well stay with it.

But hopefully that will be down the watery road a few years, and after you accumulate some additional B.U.C.'s
:rolleyes:

Cheers,
LB

davisr

Member III
Adam,

Yea, might be easier and more efficient to follow Loren's advice. Would likely need to cut out part of your stern to accomodate the outboard.

One other question . . . if your inboard is underneath the cockpit, then where to you have your batteries? In one of the cockpit lockers?

Also, I'm guessing that you do not have a fresh water tank that is connected to your galley sink. I have a 13 gallon V-shaped tank that sits beneath the cockpit. It's probably in the same space where your inboard is mounted.

I'm in the process of relocating some items in this area and am curious to know about your set-up.

Thanks,
Roscoe