• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Edson Pedestaal steering and pedestal guard

Eric30

Member I
Pedestal has "Edsen USA 0-398" marked on the bottom and on the top has "2nd" on the steering column. I also have a straight pedestal guard, the top plate, black plastic cover, clear yellow compass cover and hardware.

This all came with an 85 30+ I purchased but I already have a fully functional steering wheel and don't have a need.

I have additional pictures I can send.

Make offer

Attachments

• IMAG0071.jpg
    IMAG0071.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 2,089

hodo

Member III
Edson Pedestal

I would like to change out my E 38 pedestal, I wonder if this is the same? Could you post measurements such as bolt pattern, height, spacing of guard mount, that sort of thing? Email me back channel if you like.
Thanks, Harold

Eric30

Member I
Hodo,
I will take some additional pitures and take some measurements this Monday or Tuesday and post them to this thread.

Eric30

Member I
Sorry for the delay.

Leaning post is 40 1\4 x 10 1\2 and is 1 1/8 inches in diameter.

I also have the Edson size 45 model B874 plate to hold the leaning post as seen in the pictures.

The steering column has 11 teeth and is 29 15/16 tall. The bolts are six inches on center in a square. I took some pictures with a measuring tape with the left bolt lined up on the one inch mark.

There is also a black riser that is 5 1/4 inches and a yellow compass cover that is 4 5/8 tall. These all fit together on top of the pedestal.

There are also bolts included to mount the base.

An Edson steering wheel nut model A-1823

I also have Edson Stainless pedestal guard feet kit new in box Edson part # 310ST-100-125

I have taken a number of pictures and uploaded five with this post and will upload additional pictures in the following post.

Again this all came with a 85 30+ I purchased that the previous owner never installed and I have a working steering system that I like. So I figured someone out here could use it. Make an offer. If you need additional measurements just let me know.

Attachments

• IMAG0137.jpg
    IMAG0137.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 187
  • IMAG0138.jpg
    IMAG0138.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 84
  • IMAG0139.jpg
    IMAG0139.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 83
  • IMAG0140.jpg
    IMAG0140.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 107
  • IMAG0141.jpg
    IMAG0141.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

Eric30

Member I
Here are the additional photos

Attachments

• IMAG0142.jpg
    IMAG0142.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 89
  • IMAG0143.jpg
    IMAG0143.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 70
  • IMAG0144.jpg
    IMAG0144.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 116
  • IMAG0145.jpg
    IMAG0145.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 87
  • IMAG0146.jpg
    IMAG0146.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 83

hodo

Member III
Pedestal.

I found the info on the website, thanks, I'm going to the boat this PM. I'll measure and see.... Have you figured out a price?
Thanks, Harold

chtaylor

Member II
If they have not yet been sold, how much are you asking for the pedestal guard and top plate?

Charles Taylor

Eric30

Member I
I thought I would bring this to the top

I still have all these items as of today 2/23/11. If your interested let me know.

ron7546

Member II
pedestal guard feet

Eric,I sent you a private message but, I never know if I`m doing it correct.I am looking for a pair of Edson pedestal guard feet.I see, at one time you had a pair. If you still have a pair I might be interested.
Ron
"Bluenote"

Eric30

Member I
As of 3/15/2011 I still have all of the items. I have one person asking his first mate for permission to buy. I was hoping to sell all of the items together as it would be easier but I may have to sell in pieces.

jaguara

Buying entire pedestal

Hi,
I currently have a tiller not a pedestal and wheel steering. Is this everything I would need to convert to a pedestal and wheel steering for a 1974 29' Ericson sailboat? If not what's missing? How much do you want for everything? My email is billstone2@yahoo.com. I'd need to ship it to Boston, MA area (do you know how much shipping would be?).

Eric30

Member I
I am not an expert on exactly what would be needed. You can try this link as they have documentation on what may be required:

http://www.edsonmarine.com/support/wheel_conversion/index.php

I do know that you would need at a minimum a quadrant, cables, pulleys and a wheel but again I am no expert. I am simply a guy with some parts.

Not sure about shipping costs I am in Charleston, SC.

I would like $450 for everything. I would be willing to trade for things. I am looking for a smaller headsail for an Ericson 30+. I would be interested in a 120 as my 150 is a lot of sail.

chtaylor

Member II
I'm still interested, but only in the pedestal guard, feet and top plate. Let me know if you want to sell them seperately and for how much.

Charles