• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Need Yacht Specialties pedestal base

hodo

Member III
Any one know of a used Y S pedestal for Sale? The base on our E 38 is cracke from one of the mounting holes and needs to be replaced. We are not doing any extended stuff this year due to a new job, so I have some time...
Thanks, Harold, S/V Mischief Maker

Emerald

Give Bacon's a call. I was in last week and they had 4 or so full YS pedestals out on the floor and more pieces in the back. Here's the link to their website with numbers etc:

http://www.baconsails.com/

Also not a bad place to get sails :egrin:

jreddington

Member III
It's been a few months but I remember seeing a couple last time I was in Sailor Man. I remembered because I need a new sprocket. With these two, they looked in generally good (but not great) shape. However, both had broken sprocket teeth. So, if they have them or any others in stock they may work for you.

http://sailorman.com/used_listing.php

toddbrsd

Ex-Viking, Now Native American
Check Minney's

I saw a complete pedestal at Minney's this past week for $595 I believe. I also recall a "Base only" there as well. Not sure if YS or Edson. Sounds like that is what you want. I will check on the particulars of the second and take pictures when I go next week, if you would like. I also believe that Dan's in Long Beach has had a full pedestal setup for sale on Craig's list for the past few months. More for others edification as you are only looking for the pedestal.

There is also a full set up on ebay with no reserve. So you might get lucky if there are no other bidders. You could sell the surplus and make up for the cost of just the base.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yach...7612874QQptZBoatQ5fPartsQ5fAccessoriesQ5fGear

Last edited:

westcoastcat

Member II
That Yacht Specialties pedestal setup was mine, sold on Ebay for the bargain price of $102.00. I'm kicking myself for not ending the auction early and selling locally.

exposuretime

I see, this is a wee old, but if anyone knows, thanks

That Yacht Specialties pedestal setup was mine, sold on Ebay for the bargain price of $102.00. I'm kicking myself for not ending the auction early and selling locally.

how much do YS pedestals fetch? In 2009 and now 2010?
I have the shorty on E29. it dose make for a nice comfortable cockpit with the traveler just ahead of the helm.
With a main hatch repair the traveler may end-up forward of the entry.

:egrin:

stillwater

Member II
Shorty available $150

I have a shorty pedestal complete except for the wheel and nut. Also has the bronze turning blocks for the base. Good condition. Needs paint. Off a 35 mark II

$150 plus actual shipping.

Dal

Rhicke

YS Part

Do you still have the YS pedistal for sale? I need the part to which the gear shifter and throttle attach. The round "pot mettle" segment that hold it all in place. I can send a photo to you but I can't get it to attach to this thread.
Thanks,
Robert

Last edited:

toddbrsd

Ex-Viking, Now Native American
Call Minney's

Robert,

Check Minney's in Costa Mesa. I was there last week and I am pretty sure there is a Short YS Pedestal that has been sitting there for a while. Don't recall the price and not sure if they will be willing to part it out. I would recommend that you email them the picture with your request. They are usually pretty busy and I think more likely to get back to you with an answer quicker at their convenience instead of you calling.

Rhicke

YS Pedistal

Dal,
That's great. I'll try a patch job until then but really need to replace it. Let's work it out on your return.
Thanks
Robert

Last edited:

tyrguy

Member II
Ebay

Those shifter plates show up brand new on Ebay occasionally, made by somebody out of the New York area, worth keeping an eye out there.

tyrguy

Member II
Should have looked first

There is one of the new ones on Ebay now listing#160530335011. Or search for Merriman and there is several parts for Merriman/Yacht Specialties items.