• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

How long to motor from Dana Point to Wilmington?

tdskip

Member II
Any rough guesses on how long this will take? I was planning on leaving at dawn to take advantage of lower winds/seas?

Want to start a betting pool on the actual travel time? LOL.

She has a 9.9 outboard.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Meanolddad

Member III
I am guessing 10+ hours to motor. We took about 5 hours to bring Regulus up to San Pedro from Newport Beach. Bring lots of fuel.

Have a good trip
Greg

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Good guess Greg.

It took me about 9 hours to motor up from Dana Point to San Pedro the last time I did it. You should add a little more time to motor back into Wilmington from the Angels Gate.

Better headway at night because you will avoid the afternoon winds.

Be safe!

Sam Vickery

Member III
I made the trip in reverse back in 2003. Wilmington to Dana Point. We left Colonial Boat Yard at 0800, stopped in Newport for lunch at 1200. Pulled into the slip in Dana Point around 1600. Of course we had the good fortune of good wind and the current at about 1.5 knots.

Leaving in the early morning is a great idea if you plan on motoring. Calm waters and little wind.

Be safe and enjoy the trip.

Sam
Northstar 86' 32-3
Dana Point

Sven

Seglare
Sam,

I made the trip in reverse back in 2003. Wilmington to Dana Point. We left Colonial Boat Yard at 0800, stopped in Newport for lunch at 1200. Pulled into the slip in Dana Point around 1600.

How long will it take you and your superior half to make it to the Isthmus for the Gathering ? :devil:

-Sven