• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Boat Vacation Swap Sometime ?

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
It occurs to me, slowly, over the months...
that while our boat will be ready to go North by early June, it might be nice some summer time to just find someone in the Sound area with an Ericson or Olson that might want to spend a couple weeks or so cruising the Columbia River, and trade boats for that period.
I have heard of people doing this but have never done so.
There must be some insurance stuff to work out in advance, and certainly a get-acquainted visit back-n-forth to do before committing to it.

Still, contemplating spending a week getting our little boat up to the Sound and another week getting back to the River, it got me to thinking a little bit "outside the box" on vacationing.
Or, maybe, after over 20 years of deliveries up n down the coast, I'm getting really lazy. :rolleyes:

Comments, anyone?

Thanks,
Loren

chasandjudy

chas and judy
It occurs to me, slowly, over the months...
that while our boat will be ready to go North by early June, it might be nice some summer time to just find someone in the Sound area with an Ericson or Olson that might want to spend a couple weeks or so cruising the Columbia River, and trade boats for that period.
I have heard of people doing this but have never done so.
There must be some insurance stuff to work out in advance, and certainly a get-acquainted visit back-n-forth to do before committing to it.

Still, contemplating spending a week getting our little boat up to the Sound and another week getting back to the River, it got me to thinking a little bit "outside the box" on vacationing.
Or, maybe, after over 20 years of deliveries up n down the coast, I'm getting really lazy. :rolleyes:

Comments, anyone?

Thanks,
Loren

Hi! My wife and I would be interested in doing something like that,
If you were planing to come to our northwest rendezvous- by car by boat by plane we possibly could meet and talk more about this I have a Ericson 30+
and have owned her for 14 years she's a l986 model my E mail is as follows
sv-eden@telus.net
Chas and judi