• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Need E27 Spinn. Halyard install info

roy9216

I have a Ericson27 and I want to install a Halyard so I can use my spinnaker.
My question is what do I need to install to make this work? And how would I fasten a block to the top of my mast? pictures would be a help.

Thanks for any help
Roy9216
<!-- / message -->

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Woody, I would use a cheek block at the top of your mast. I am not familiar with the top of a 27 mast so you will have to figure out proper placement. Hopefully someone else here with a 27 can help.

Spinnaker, etc.

I have a cruising chute on my 1973 E-27. The halyards are internal. So the spinnaker halyard exits below the top of the mast, goes through a cheek block to change the direction and then over a 360-degree swiveling block at the truck, forward. Works fine. My boat is close by. I can take a digital shot of the setup and get it to you within hours, but the yard is closed today and my boat is on the hard. Want the shot? (mstine7611@earthlink.net)

Morgan Stinemetz

toddbrsd

Ex-Viking, Now Native American
Please post Pictures

Please post the picture(s) on this thread. I am also interested in the setup as I will be hopefully making a trip up the mast in the near future to change the windex.

Todd
1976, E-27
Alamitos Bay

ragamuffin

Member II
Masthead Spinnaker Bail for E27

I had a custom Bail/crane made for mine. See Pic. Also Check out rigrite.com they may have something that would work.

Attachments

• ragamuffin bail.jpg
    ragamuffin bail.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 1,795