• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

New attraction at Catalina Island

Mikebat

Member III
Catalina Zip Line Eco Tour ~ NOW OPEN ~

It opened this week.

Beginning at the Hog's Back gate, high in the hills near Avalon and descending through Descanso Canyon, you will pause at several eco-stations along the way before continuing on your journey. At each station, your hosts will give you a presentation on some of the unique and interesting aspects of Catalina Island, its wildlife, history, and the areas you are passing through.

LA Times review.

It's $89 per rider. Steeper than the canyons. :)

I think it's too expensive and not enough people will ride it to justify continuing to operate it. It will decay and fall into disrepair. Better ride it sooner rather than later.

What do you all think?

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
I think you should get a comp ticket with every two night mooring we have to pay for. :egrin:

Here's a pic of the construction and another pic of a guy on a zip line near Vegas. I think going aloft about once a year on my boat is enough of a thrill for me.:scared:

Attachments

• Zipline10.jpg
    Zipline10.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 10722-1.jpg
    10722-1.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 42

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Wow, Treasure Island except the Gold's the Acapulco kind.

Interesting. Cottonwood Beach is just a little bit South of Little Harbor.

Mikebat

Member III
There seems to be very little confidence in this thread that SCI Co. made a good investment in their Zip Line Eco Tour.

Did you get that it has "Eco" in the name? :nerd: