• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Wanted: E29 curtains

IslandTime29

Member II
Wondering what folks would recommend for curtains for my 1976 E29? Just wanting something for a little more privacy.

Thanks in advance!
Justin

SurabyaKid

Member III
I saw this design in a book ( I think 101 sailboat projects) and made them for my boat. I used a blackout cloth which does a great job of blocking the sunlight but does tend to wrinkle a bit unless stretched out along the bungee cord as can be seen from the picture. When I want them off, I just remove the bungee cord from the hooks and stow them or sometimes I fold and put the upper cord on the lower hooks.

Pat

Attachments

• Port Curtains 1.jpg
    Port Curtains 1.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 117

IslandTime29

Member II
Pat, thank you for the picture! That is a good option and one I may just try. Not so much worried about the light, as I am privacy. Might get Sunbrella cloth that will match my cushions and make the curtains out of that. Thank you!

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
I ended up making something like the link above. The shade I bought is; http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=14305645&RN=686&KSKU=109654 one shade did all six ports. It's a cellular shade that a 5/8" dowel fits nicely into a cell. The smaller shades are held open with Velcro and the larger shades have a Dacron loop with a button. Bungee would probably work better for the loop but I had the Dacron line handy :).

Attachments

• shade1.jpg
    shade1.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 54
  • shade2.jpg
    shade2.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 54
  • shade7.jpg
    shade7.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 54
  • shade6.jpg
    shade6.jpg