• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Wanted Ericson 41

JLK

I'm looking for an E-41 on the West Coast. I know about the two in NW.
I have an 1977 E-35 II that I've refurbished this past year. Recently a 41
moved in next to my slip. I had never seen one & fell in love. I know they
only built 50 so any referrals to existing owners would be appreciated.
Perhaps I can find an older owner who wants to downsize to my 35 as
I know I'll never get the sweat equity out of mine & keep it in the E-family.
Thanks, Jim 619-222-7777

Lew Decker

Member III
Personal Opinion City...The Ericson 41 is among the most beautiful of all production boats ever built. Period.;)

I was aboard an F-27 on a mooring in Avalon Harbor years ago when a drop-dead gorgeous, flag-blue E-41 picked up the mooring next to us. I haven't drooled that much since my first date. At the time I didn't know what kind of boat it was. I soon found out.

When I was in the agonies of trying to sell my E39B, a prospective buyer came down from the PNW to see an E41 up in LA. The 41 turned out to be too hammered for them so on a lark they drove down to SD to see my boat. We spent an entire afternoon together and I could see - and hear - the wheels turning. They came within an inch of buying Serendipity, but I knew deep down they were emotionally attached to the 41 already. They left and the last I heard they were still looking for one.

Those E41's...Dang...You have excellent taste, my friend.:egrin:

JLK

Ericson 41

Lew,

Thanks for your feedback. Other than some of the Hinckleys (Too much $)
I would have to agree. FYI, the E-41 is racing beer cans in C-Cays. Last
week he was short on crew so since your big boat less perhaps you want
to sail on it...let me know & I'll hook you up...Jim

Mike Mann

Inactive Member
E-41 Sunshine

I agree that the Ericson 41 is certainly one of the most beautiful production yachts ever built. I have owned my 1971 Ericson 41, Sunshine, since 1974, and she has proven to be an extraordinarily strong and sea kindly yacht. Over the past few years she has had a major refit and upgrade, including the latest electronics, autopilot, radar, diesel genset, watermaker, reefer, Schaeffer in boom reefer/furler with full batten main and electric winch, rigging, opening ports, and new LP. I personally think that she is now one the best representatives of her marque! We are looking forward to cruising. If you happen to be at Catalina this summer, there is a good chance that you can find us on our mooring in Cherry Cove (B-9). If you happen to be in Redondo Beach, you she is in slip J-2 in King Harbor Marina (near the King Harbor Yacht Club). I would be happy to show her to other E41 enthusiasts. Just give me a call, 310.717.6552.

As you can surmise, she is not for sale. Sorry, JLK. - Mike
:egrin:

Rocinante33

Contributing Partner
Jim,

There is a nice E41 on the next finger over from us on "D" dock. "Talisman" is not sailed very often and I don't often see anyone on her. 4 or 5 years back, some friends of ours inquired but the owners were not willing to sell then. Maybe times (and fortunes) have changed. Check with our marina to see if you can contact the owners, I guess. The marina is;
http://www.vintage-marina.com/

good luck,
Keith

JLK

E-41

Keith,

Thanks fo the lead...I left my info with marina but you never know if they
will follow through. Do you by chance know the owners name so I could
try to contact them myself. THanks for your help...Jim