• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Boat Junkyard in Long Beach

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
Does anyone recall a post about a boat junkyard in Long Beach, CA? I've been searching for it with no luck. I may be in Long Beach tomorrow and thought I would check it out.

Any help with an address and phone number would be appreciated.

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
Found it; searching on the Internet is way more effective than searching here. Google took me right to the original EYO thread...

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
Well, I found the post but not the place. I went down to LB for a boat auction and thought I would check it out but couldn't find anything in the area mentioned. Phone number just got me a "Leave a message...click"

Glyn Judson

Marine consignment chandler in Long Beach.

Mark and all, I wonder if the elusive chandler nobody can find is Kelly Marine at 310.548.5348, 2114 South Mesa at 22nd St in San Pedro. Hope this helps, Glyn Judson, E31 hull #55, Marina del Rey, CA

toddbrsd

Ex-Viking, Now Native American
Boat Auction

Well, I found the post but not the place. I went down to LB for a boat auction and thought I would check it out but couldn't find anything in the area mentioned. Phone number just got me a "Leave a message...click"

Just curious which boat auction you went to. I was interested in going to the auction held by the City of Long Beach in Alamitos Bay Marina. I had my eye on the inflatable dinghys and curious how much they went for. Couldn't make it so wondering if that is where you went.

Todd

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
That is the auction I went to. The inflatables were old, to say the least. I think two were Avons. A third, the newest, looked like a West Marine (PVC), the reinforcing on the bottom of the transom was starting to come off. A fourth one was deflated and wasn't a brand I was familiar with; it looked sad. The fifth one was a plastic toy. The West Marine one sold for around $200 I think. One of the Avons sold for under $200.

One of the Ericsons, I think they were both 27's, sold for about $2,500. Everything else sold for between $150 and $850 or so. The one big power boat (sorry, didn't pay much attention to it but it looked to be in fair shape) sold for I think $200 or $250.

The best that could be said about most of them was that they were still floating.

There were several lots of multiple items of miscellaneous junk (old fenders, anchor rode, etc) that were selling for $5. As I was leaving the parking lot I saw people throwing the stuff from those lots that they didn't want in trash cans and keeping what they did want.

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
Thanks for the tip on Kelly Marine. I am staying over one more night in Channel Islands Harbor and going into LA on Monday to try to pick up some plywood. Maybe I'll cruise down to San Pedro and check them out...

toddbrsd

Ex-Viking, Now Native American
LB Auction

That is the auction I went to. The inflatables were old, to say the least. I think two were Avons. A third, the newest, looked like a West Marine (PVC), the reinforcing on the bottom of the transom was starting to come off. A fourth one was deflated and wasn't a brand I was familiar with; it looked sad. The fifth one was a plastic toy. The West Marine one sold for around $200 I think. One of the Avons sold for under $200.

One of the Ericsons, I think they were both 27's, sold for about $2,500. Everything else sold for between $150 and $850 or so. The one big power boat (sorry, didn't pay much attention to it but it looked to be in fair shape) sold for I think $200 or $250.

The best that could be said about most of them was that they were still floating.

There were several lots of multiple items of miscellaneous junk (old fenders, anchor rode, etc) that were selling for $5. As I was leaving the parking lot I saw people throwing the stuff from those lots that they didn't want in trash cans and keeping what they did want.

Thanks for the info. Just bought my sailboat and trying to get a handle on costs for used inflatables. I am in Alamitos Bay and dropped by to look at what they had on Friday but couldn't make it to the auction. Thanks again.

Todd

ubxf

1971E29
i think you might be thinking of the place run by Dan 310-795-8978
i've been there but can't remember the name of the place or the address